MAY 28 – 29, 2019
- Build skills related to health and human services program development, policy engagement, and advocacy strategies.
- Support network building and statewide coalition relationships
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Fiesta open to everyone who supports the health and wellness of LGBTQ Communities
- An opportunity for local LGBTQ leaders from across California, policy makers, and foundation representatives to learn more about each other’s work, resources, and goals.
8:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Specifically for LGBTQIA folks who want to learn how to build capacity in their local communities
- Workshops, presenters, and mentors sharing skills with other queer and trans community builders for the purpose of learning about program and policy models to bring back and implement in their own communities.
Workshops will include:
- Pathways to Permanency: Dismantling Systems of Care Pipelines
- Building Transgender Provider Support Networks
- Identifying Innovative Solutions to LGBTQ Smoking
- Just As They Are/Tal Como Son: Helping Latinx Families Support Their LGBTQ Children
- Caring for the Health of Lesbian, Bisexual, and Queer Women
- Creating Economic Development Fellowships
- Trans Justice through Medical-Legal Partnerships
- #TransPolicyAgenda: OUR fight for equality
- Youth Workers United!
- Creating a Healthy School Climate for LGBTQ Latinx Youth
- Queer and Kinky: Building Community.
There will also be the following panels with queer and trans community builders across the state sharing how they have accessed specific resources and implemented strategies:
- County Mental Health Funded Queer and Trans Programs
- LCFF/LCAP School District Advocacy and Resources for LGBTQ Youth
- Creating Sustainable Movements in Small LGBTQ Communities.
Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
500 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
For More Information: